[TowerTalk] Rohn Fold-over?

David Hachadorian k6ll at adelphia.net
Thu Dec 8 10:30:16 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Bragassa" <bragassa at consolidated.net>
To: <towertalk at contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 12:25 PM
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn Fold-over?

>  I recently acquired a Rohn 25G  50 foot fold-over tower. I thought
> about using it at a place where I may have to be content w/ a lower
> height tower.
>  I cannot seem to find any data on the tower and am curious from the
> reflector group, if anyone has experience w/ the tower and what
> compromises there are VS: a conventional stacked 25G tower, e.g how
> big of antenna's or stacking?
-----------------------
I've had one of these up for 28 years now.

Data is in the Rohn catalog.

The main disadvantage is the 130 pound weight limit at the apex of the
tower. Four way guying is required, but the footprint is small. Use
two levels of guys.

The Apex is 25.5 feet above the hinge, which means the safe "moment
about the hinge" is 3315 ft-lbs (25.5' x 130#). If you are placing
antennas, rotators, masts, etc. at other than the apex, you can add up
all their individual moments about the hinge, and make sure the total
doesn't exceed 3315 ft-lbs.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

.