[TowerTalk] What is this antenna and how to feed ?

Chris Daly cdaly at netspace.net.au
Fri Dec 9 06:49:11 EST 2005

Hi Tower Talk
I have what appears to be a half square antenna.
I will describe it - it firstly  is just one conductor including a
mast section, so its a bit confusing as it instantly suggests
the whole thing wouldn't function -as electrically its a short circuit

It has two elements each the same dimension  which extend
horizontally then vertically  and then  horizontally again
curving inwards at the top - so that the elements end up facing
away from each other and measuring approximately the
vertical upper distance to separate the elements

It is apparently designed for 3 metre broadcast band use.

Any clues on how to feed  what appears as a short circuit
but may be a half square ?
Cheers   /  Chris