[TowerTalk] AO

William B. Stacy WStacy at uwyo.edu
Sat Dec 10 00:45:09 EST 2005

As pointed out earlier, Brian Beezley, K6STI, used standard language in granting a license for use of his software.  I cannot recall any software publisher selling the software itself, only a license to use it.

I used his software for many years and found it well written, bug free, and useful.  The thing that really tore it for Brian was the rampant pirating of AO and his other programs.  He was trying to make a living writing ham software and asked that people not pirate it.  When it began showing up on bulletin boards and disks of ham "freeware," he added copy protection.  When that did not work, he essentially pulled the plug on the operation.  We all lost because of the actions of a few irresponsible people.  However, I cannot blame him for being bitter about how things turned out.

73,
Bill, K7EY