[TowerTalk] End Fed Wire

AD5VJ Bob rtnmi at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 12 11:46:45 EST 2005

Does a beverage have to be in a straight line or can it
have 90's in it. this wire has one 90 and a couple of
turns less than 90

It has no termination at the end and I have restructured
it so I am now feeding it with the center conductor of
rg-75 shield not connected just free.

It then goes to the tuner and the tuner goes to a ground
rod.

Listening this morning and it seems to tune ok from
180mtrs thru 6.

The wire is approximately .7 wavelength at 1832.00 from
end to end.

It is all now pretty much at 20' above ground horizontal
hanging from metal supports.

  73 fer nw,
Bob AD5VJ

10X# 37210, FP#-1141, SMIRK#-5177
 <http://www.n5iet.com/> http://www.n5iet.com/
Code may be taking a back seat for now,
but the pioneering spirit that put the code
there in the first place is out front of it all.