[TowerTalk] best elevation angle of radiation

Cqtestk4xs@aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Tue Dec 13 13:36:43 EST 2005

It seems that almost all postings of which elevation angle is best refer to
contacts with Europe.  The consensus is that the higher the better for opening
the band but that 50/60 feet is often better later on........K7PUC

Sweepstakes?

Since you're in the corner of the NW corner of the country in WWA you face
the same problem as I do in FL....you need to have a low angle to get the east
coast just like I need a low angle to get to the west coast, and you need a
high angle to work the close in stuff.

I missed the beginning of this thread, but I assume you are talking about
10-20 meters.  For the next several years, higher is going to be better.  The 78
footer will play just fine for close in stuff.  I have a 5/5 at 95 over 46 and
it hammers everything east of the Mississippi in SS and the angle from that
is not too far from your 78 footer, although your lobe is skinnier.  The 6/6 at
66/33 produces the same results.

Bill K4XS