[TowerTalk] Clean Routing of cables through house wall?

Kelly Johnson n6kj.kelly at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 20:44:29 EST 2005

I just moved into a new (well, new to my family anyway) home and I want to
start routing coax, rotator cables, etc. through the wall of my shack (ie.
spare bedroom).  I'd like to do this as cleanly as possible, unlike my last
house where I just drilled holes.  I'd like to use a metal plate which gets
connected to ground as well.  I'm also thinking about some sort of "utility
box" (or similar) on the outside.  I will need 4 coax connectors + rotator
cable + SteppIR cable + remote antenna switch cable + who knows what.  I was
thinking about using coax bulkheads mounted to metal plate(s).  Any advice
there?  Any general advice for doing this kind of thing?