[TowerTalk] Tower Jack/erection

VK2SN - Sean P Neylon sean at vk2sn.com
Wed Dec 14 06:34:19 EST 2005

Hi all,

Please think about this one..

Ok, I have a 25 foot tower on my roof.with about 70 to 100KGs of gear
(Antennas/Rotators/LNA etc) on it..so its very heavy for one person to push
up and down..

If I need to change anything, I have to get a couple of guys, pay them
$50-00 bucks each and a case of beer..and they help me pull down and put up
the tower and ants.

This is becoming expensive.and painful..

Question:

I have a 25 foot tower..on my roof..I cant winch it..no stable support to
connect to pull the tower up...so I need to push it up and down..

Its hinged at the bottom of the flat roof..so easy up and down..but its
heavy..say beyween 70 to 100 Kgs.. (for US its say 170 ro 220 pounds)

Is there a way..like a push up jack or winch..say 25 feet pole with screw
winch..to push up and down the tower.is there something commercial available
to buy..

I can secure a pole/winch to the side of the house about 20 feet away and
push up the tower.but the pole would need to be strong and be able to slowly
screw or winch up the tower..and or bring it down..

I have guys to stop it from moving from side to side..its just up and down
Im worried about..or I need help..?

When its erected..the pole can lie beside the tower.

Does this make sense to get an answer..????

What are your thoughts and advice,,,,,,?????

I look forward to hearing some great ideas....????

Sean Neylon

Sean  P.  Neylon     VK2SN     QF56oc

Cell Phone:  ++ 61 413 747 276

web:    www.vk2sn.com