[TowerTalk] Beam toubleshooting problem - help please

Robert Chudek k0rc at pclink.com
Wed Dec 14 15:19:07 EST 2005

Gary,

As I was reading your "situation", the idea of tapping each 40m element to see if the problem could be aggravated and isolated entered my mind. Reading further in your message I see you have this idea too. This would be my next step after checking everything within easy reach of the mast. I am curious whether a defective parasitic element can cause your vswr to go to 3:1.

I have been contemplating the Opti 40/20 meter antenna for next spring. When your 3 elements are operating properly on 40m, what does your vswr curve look like? I see it is at 80 foot on your tower?

73 de Bob - K0RC