[TowerTalk] Rohn-Loc Climbing Safety

W7HPW W7HPW at airwired.net
Sat Dec 17 22:32:03 EST 2005

I couldn't agree more.
	The most recent data from the National Institute for Occupational
Safety and Health (NIOSH) estimated that the fatality rate for tower
erectors - one of the smallest sectors of the construction industry -
averages about 460 deaths per 100,000 employees.

http://mrtmag.com/mag/radio_falling_assets/index.html

Compared to other dangerous jobs, Tower work is the most dangerous job in
the world.

	I climb commercially and never take shortcuts, know and plan your
work, better yet take a safety course. Invest in the best equipment; keep it
in perfect condition.... You get the picture.

	This is what I use,

http://store.pksafety.net/toclha.html
http://store.pksafety.net/shwa10tila.html

I didn't purchase them here, but are available from several distributors.

Mark
W7HPW

Real Radios Glow in Dark