[TowerTalk] Crank Up towers

Jim Rhodes k0xu at iowadsl.net
Thu Dec 22 14:02:02 EST 2005

Of course if you are an experimenter with antennas it makes much more sense
to have them come to you than to have to go to them. Unless you have a lot
of money to spend on "Professional tower services for commercial and
amateur" ;-)

At 11:21 AM 12/22/2005, K7LXC at aol.com wrote:
>     I think that a lot of people buy a crank-up  thinking that it's
> easier to
>work on antennas and such. If everything is  installed properly, why would
>you have to work on anything? I think people  spend money for this when they
>really don't have to.
>
>     Of course there are spouses that would prefer a  crank-up and other
>aesthetic reasons for buying one but the only reason I've  ever heard of
>that truly
>justifies one is N6RJ who convinced his neighbors it  would only be extended
>after dark.
>
>Cheers,
>Steve   K7LXC
>TOWER TECH -
>Professional tower services for commercial and amateur
>Cell: 206-890-4188

Jim Rhodes K0XU
jim at rhodesend.net

Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone.