[TowerTalk] formatting on TowerTalk

K4SAV RadioIR at charter.net
Sat Dec 24 15:56:23 EST 2005

Hmm, I'm no expert on this, but it seems to be a little more complicated
than this to me. I notice that messages that go thru a reflector appear
different from message that do not go thru a reflector.

Whether you have you email browser set to format in HTML or not, the
reflector will try to reformat it into HTML code for display in the
archives. End-of-line hard carriage returns are inserted for this
purpose. The email messages that the reflector then sends to individuals
will also contain these end-of-line carriage returns.

If you receive a message from someone and it doesn't go thru a
reflector, it will not have hard carriage returns (unless the individual
manually inserted them), and your browser or any other text program will
be able to word wrap the text automatically.

I use Netscape for email, and I have never received an email that was
displayed all on one line. If you view a web page that has no carriage
returns, I think you will see everything on one line.

I suspect the problem may be that the reflector software is having a
hard time determining the format of the incoming message, and not
handling it correctly. This is just my observation, but I'm no software
expert.

Jerry, K4SAV