[TowerTalk] K9LTN array

RICHARD BOYD ke3q at msn.com
Mon Dec 26 17:13:32 EST 2005

I gather K9LTN is a DXer, so maybe that's the criterion he designed and built this for, and it may work quite well for what he intended it for.

Most contesters would avoid horizontal stacking, to avoid narrowing the lobe too much.  DXers may be looking for a pinpoint pattern when chasing that rare DXpedition, and the toughest ones tend to be on the other side of the world -- or even longpath -- where the low angle may be just the ticket.

I think contesters would avoid the horizontal stacking, which clearly adds a lot of mechanical complexity anyway.  Which is why contesters always vertical stack rather than horizontal.

73 - Rich, KE3Q