[TowerTalk] Holy SteppIR!

StellarCAT RXDesign at ssvecnet.com
Tue Dec 27 00:07:45 EST 2005

adjusting the vertical tilt of an antenna does nothing to raise
(or even change) the radiation angle... or at least this was the
conclusion W2PV came to in his book.

g.

-----
Interesting, Clay. I went back and looked at the pictures more
carefully
and indeed it looks like he has elevation control as well as
azimuth. As you
point out, this will allow him to adjust the take-off-angle.
What it won't
give him is the broad vertical lobe fill that you get from an
optimized
stack,
so it will still be a compromise for contesting. For DXing,
assuming he
gets it pointed correctly, he should be the first guy through
most of the
time. Really puts my inverted-vees at 60' to shame. Guess I
should have
listened to an early engineering mentor who suggested that I
should become
a chiropractor :)

Mike, W4EF......