[TowerTalk] Crank Up towers

J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT w2ttt at arrl.net
Tue Dec 27 01:00:53 EST 2005

Hi Steve,
Glad to see your sense of humor has not been blunted by age!

I gave up worrying too much about all these senselessly intrusive regulatory
items that unduly annoy Hams in order to give power and prestige to
bureaucrats and a hobby to silly and ignorant neighbors.  I put up a 45ft
Rohn 25 on the side of my house and then shortly afterward, a 45ft Alumna
crankup in the back.
When the town inspector sent me a note about the first tower back in 1990
(actually December 26th!), I responded with the engineering information
under a cover letter from my lawyer.
Never heard from them again!
In fact, I have done lots of work around here with appropriate permits (an
addition, deck, steps, hot tub, electrical replacement, HVAC, etc.) and
gotten compliments on the quality of the work whether it was done by me or a
contractor.

BTW: my lot is 40 x 100 :-)

73,
J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT, ex-N2DSY, ex-WB2CAM
201.314.6964
w2ttt at arrl.net
w2ttt at att.net
w2ttt at att.com