[TowerTalk] VBI-360s "Beam Direction Indicator"

Bill Winkis kc4pe at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 27 07:49:31 EST 2005

The VBI-360 is a "Beam Direction Indicator"....
its a 18 X 24 inch world map enclosed in a glass picture frame  that hangs on your wall..
and has led's that tracks the movement of your antenna rotator!!...
It's really neat....!!!
The company that sold the unit was "Vector Control Systems" of Upland, CA,
and probably are no longer in business, as the phone has been disconnected.
The local BBS and Chamber of Commerce have no clue...although I think the
owner is an active Amateur.
My wife bought it for me a number of years ago and I really liked it...its
gone "South" for some reason...now only the very center led lights, but the
two voltage regulators on the PC card inside the unit read the correct
voltage....
Has anyone any knowledge of this unit or where I can get parts or it repaired.

Thanks,

Bill
kc4pe at mindspring.com