[TowerTalk] Any 75/40M solutions?

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mts.net
Thu Dec 29 19:38:55 EST 2005

If the SteppIR rumour is true, look for the price to be about $800 or more.
The current vertical is about $600.

Not that it wouldn't be a good antenna, unless they don't extend the length
of the BigIR, in which case it will be just another base-loaded vertical on
80. (Although, if they've figured out how to get the CuBe perforated strip
to lock in to the base of a loading coil at the top -- thereby effecting the
switching-in of the 80-m loading and making it top-loaded at that -- that
would be VERY interesting.)

I've heard very good reports from folk who have tried the Cushcraft MA8040v,
a top-loaded vertical for 80 and 40. I intend to get one soon. It will never
replace a 2-el yagi at 3/4-wl, but at 24 feet and $200, it seems like a good
choice for an urban environment.

73, kelly
ve4xt