[TowerTalk] RFI Beads & Sleeves

Joe Giacobello k2xx at swva.net
Tue Feb 1 10:07:04 EST 2005

Tom, do you want the impedance to be largely resistive so that it's not
so frequency dependent and the ferrite is effective over a wider
frequency range?

Just curious, because I just bought a bag of inexpensive ferrites on
Ebay, and they didn't start showing a resistive component until about 7
MHz.  Name brand ferrites specified for amateur applications (e.g.,
Fair-Rite) show a resistive component at 2 MHz and below and have a
higher reactive component until about 11.5 MHz, where the cheap ones
become more reactive.  However, their resistive component was still
substantially below the Fair-Rite.

I posted the data on the TenTec forum, but the tabulation was verkecht.
If you're interested, I can send it to you privately.

73, Joe