[TowerTalk] stainless bolts freezing up

Terry Sharar tsharar at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 1 19:32:23 EST 2005

All,

    Somewhere years ago, probably on this reflector, I picked up the tip
of using a nickel anti-sieze compound on all stainless steel nuts and/or
bolts. This stuff can be bought from McMaster-Carr (www.mcmaster.com)
for $11.50 for a 4 oz. brush top can. Order number: 1028K63.

    Apparently it's also used on stainless steel on boats for the same
reason.

73 de  Terry Sharar WB3DSB