[TowerTalk] Re: Tower ID

Pat Barthelow aa6eg at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 1 23:52:15 EST 2005

Thanks Roger for your valuable feedback.  I assumed a Tri-Ex tower because
the tower trailer has a metal data plate riveted to the frame.  The data
plate is not easily readable,(old, corroded)  but the words Tri-EX are
visible and a partial word  'PORTA--'  Also a possible model number:  TRA8HD
and a possible serial number of 54084.  (Could this thing have been built in
1954?   Perhaps TriEx eqipped a Tristao Tower to its trailer.  I really need
to positively ID the tower.   I have since looked again at the rollers..they
actually appear to be steel, and so are their pin-axles.  I am impressed
with how clean the tower is  wrt galvanizing and it's age.  The trailer, on
the other hand, has a fair amount of   cleaning up to be done...