[TowerTalk] iron pipe "lightning chokes"

GALE STEWARD k3nd at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 08:31:36 EST 2005

I recall seeing this iron pipe "choke" written about
in an article in HR (?) years ago. As I recall, the
author explained it as "adding a shorted turn" around
the feedline. I'm not sure how that would add to any
reduction of induced current from a lightning strike.
That's the way it was explained at the time. I could
dig the article out of my files if anyone is
interested.

Gee, it's already February so I guess I have to start
thinking about lightning again soon!

73, Stew K3ND