[TowerTalk] beveridge or what?

Jim Miller WB5OXQ wb5oxq at grandecom.net
Sat Feb 5 13:59:37 EST 2005

I would like to see what kind of a receive antenna or even transmit maybe I could build along my fence line.  I have a 6' wood privacy fence around my back yard and it measures 337' all the way around not including the space the house occupies.  I was thinking about using pvc pipe for support every 50' or so and at the corners.  The shape would wind up like a big letter C with square corners.  How high should it be to be effective especially on 160 and 80 with a maximum possable of about 15' above the ground.  Should it be end fed or center fed like a dipole.  Or would this project be a waste of time.  I hear antennas closer to the ground are quieter but do they still hear well?  Better S/N perhapps?  I have a big spool of 18ga insulated wire for a project.
WB5OXQ, Jim in Waco