[TowerTalk] coax condoms..other solutions

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Tue Feb 8 16:38:30 EST 2005

Not sure how long you want these things to be around.  It sounds like you
only want something for a couple of hours.

How about a long piece of shrink wrap, maybe a couple of feet long, pinched
at the ends with cheap cable ties?............or maybe a piece of hose, plastic
or garden hose that would slide over the fitting?

Another idea...........Use old two liter Coke bottles, cut the end off just
enough to squeeze the joint of the coax in, stabilize it vertically with a coat
hanger shoved in the ground.

If it was up to me, I'd just give the joint a couple of quick wraps of cheap
electrical tape for a couple of hours.

By the way I use the two liter Coke bottles all over the place.....When
working on a tower and I have to leave the end of the coax hanging.........I shove
it in the end of the bottle....totally weather proof.  I had two of these up
during two hurricanes, taped to the tower.  Coax was totally dry inside.
Caution:  Make sure the bottle faces down, it doesn't work too well the other way!

Bill K4XS