[TowerTalk] RADIAL WIRE, Aruba corrosion

Pat Barthelow aa6eg at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 13 10:11:31 EST 2005

Mike describes the effects of the severe Aruba ocean atmosphere on an
aluminum vertical over 2 years.  I wonder if an initial assembly using
thorough greasing of all joints with Noalox or equiv, and periodic touch ups
could preserve the connection integrity for a significant period, or whether
even then,  the attack by the salty air is not significantly slowed.
73, DX, de Pat Barthelow  AA6EG   aa6eg at hotmail.com

>From: "MIKE GREENWAY" <K4PI at peoplepc.com>
>To: "Jim Lux" <jimlux at earthlink.net>, <TOWERTALK at CONTESTING.COM>
>Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RADIAL WIRE