[TowerTalk] Vert vs beam

blkcat28@atlantic.net blkcat28 at atlantic.net
Thu Feb 17 08:28:47 EST 2005

This summer I may be going to Jamaica(6Y5) and taking HF +6m. For 6m, I can take
a 3 element
beam (7dbi) or a 5/8 wl vertical (6dbi). Since 6 is not that crowded, I'm not
worried about F/B
and I'm not there to talk to locals so X polarization is not a problem. Will the
vertical be as
effective as the beam? Take off angle for DX?  Pros and cons, please.
If I take the vertical, I don't need to bring a rotor or other way of turning
the beam.

TNX!

John KB4CRT