[TowerTalk] liberating aluminum

Dan Bookwalter n8dcj at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 13:12:34 EST 2005

FWIW

We had a situation in the mid 80's when K8WW came back
from VP9 he left the 10m antenna pieces all telescoped
together as they were shipped... when we tried to take
it all apart a year later the salt and whatever else
had corroded and basically glued the whole mess
together .... we soaked it all in penetrating oil for
hours before it finally started coming apart.

Dan