[TowerTalk] Taking Apart Aluminum

Roger K8RI on Tower k8ri-tower at charter.net
Thu Feb 17 18:34:30 EST 2005

> WD-40 - liberally applied.

And patience, lots of patience. Give it time to work.

I've taken small engines apart that were frozen solid to the point where you
couldn't turn the crank with a wrench.  Poured about a 1/8 inch of WD-40 on
top of the piston(s) and let set over night.  The next day I could turn the
crank by hand. (Without having to break it loose with a wrench)

Roger Halstead (K8RI and ARRL Life Member)
N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com