[TowerTalk] Need Information on old Tri-Ex Tower

Jim & Velma Woods woods at grantspass.com
Thu Feb 17 18:58:44 EST 2005

I have just purchased an old Tri-Ex tower and am interested in info.  It is a Model 354 and is a crank-up with 3 sections and a total height of about 54 feet.  I would like to know what Tri-Ex recommended for a concrete base and rebar cage.  This tower is designed for guying but does appear to have a tilt-over base.  I am planning on installing a small tribander on the tower.

Also, the tower has been painted several times and is chipping paint flakes.  Would like to strip and repaint.  What paint would work best?  There appears to be galvanizing but there is some rust, although not severe.  It will take time but as it is extended on the ground, this seems like the best opportunity to paint it.

Thanks very much for your assistance.

Jim Woods, W7PUP
woods at grantspass.com
Grants Pass, Oregon