[TowerTalk] RF Inquiry HI-Q Filter CF5KV?

Tom Rauch w8ji at contesting.com
Sun Feb 20 10:18:49 EST 2005

> Aside from wondering about anybody who can't be bothered
to read his ad
> before posting it, this product looks an awful lot like
Radioworks' T4 Line
> Isolator, the most expensive of which is $43.95.
>
> I'm not sure that any didderence would be worth an extra
$50.

I just measured a Radioworks isolator and it isn't anyplace
even remotely close to the common mode isolation impedance
they publish.
The Radioworks isolation impedance runs from several hundred
ohms over lower HF to a peak of less than 2000 ohms up
around ten meters. That's a far cry from the claimed (and
impossible to achieve over multiple bands) 50K ohms.

73 Tom