[TowerTalk] TH7-DX Balun

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Wed Feb 23 11:39:22 EST 2005

An AM transmitter has a PEP of 4 times its carrier power at 100% modulation.

Also the input power for SSB was 1kw average as seen by the plate
current meter. PEP is some 5 times that.

Look at your average reading watt meter when on ssb operating without
any processing. Your average power as read on the meter will be around
20% or so of PEP.

73
Gary  K4FMX