[TowerTalk] lighting "umbrella"

Jerry Keller - K3BZ k3bz at arrl.net
Sat Feb 26 14:44:01 EST 2005

Hi, Jim...

Which is it... a lightning GAP at the tower base?  Or grounded coax at the tower base?  Or didn't I
understand you?

And did you mean that as little as one loop in the coax between the tower base and the shack will
act as enough of a choke to induce a strike to dissipate through the tower grounds?

73, Jerry K3BZ