[TowerTalk] Antenna installation

Gene WØQFC erastber at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Feb 27 13:37:18 EST 2005

Ok, I realize that I am an old fart and I ask some dumb questions sometimes, but the following idea came to me this morning while sucking down my fourth cup of coffee:

After a beam has been up for awhile the elements tend to sag and in my case, the center of the elements are slightly bent at the point they attach to the boom.

What would the do's and don't's of just turning the u-bolt over (and of course, the traps so the drain holes would be at the bottom). This would put the "sag" the other way and basically straighten out the elements.

I am 'refurbing' this TA-33sr and adding a WARC kit, so I want to do it right the first time and not have to take the ant down again becuz I forgot to do something!

After 52 years of hamming, this is only my second beam, so sometimes an education is in order for the old fart.

Thanks to the group and best 73

Gene, WØQFC
Spring Hill, Florida