[TowerTalk] ] Antenna installation

Pat Masterson bat at grumman.com
Sun Feb 27 17:22:54 EST 2005

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005, [Windows-1252] Gene WØQFC wrote:

>What I was asking was if anyone had ever turned the elements 180 degrees
>so the the sag in the elements would be reversed and therefore
>straighting out the sag in the elements.

 Gene, we had an original CL33 that had been up 100' since it was
bought. About 10 years ago we had to move it to another tower, and the
DE was sagging, so I reversed both pieces (and kept the drain holes
down, of course). A few years later, one of them broke right off, at the
outer support hole thats about 8 inches from the inside edge. I bought a
replacement tubing from Texas Towers. I think the strain may have
weakend it, or perhaps it was going to break anyway. I'll never know.
But, I did it, and I won't ever again.
 (I also replaced the inside feed cable while I was at it)...

-pat