[TowerTalk] foldover antenna bracket design

doc kd4e at verizon.net
Sun Feb 27 19:10:04 EST 2005

 > Jim Lux wrote:
>>Doesn't that beam flap in high winds ... such as the intense
>>gusts we are experiencing here in west central Florida as I
>>type this?
>
> I'm sure it would.  It's more designed for FD kinds of applications.  There
> are some extra bolt holes in the plates so I supposed you could pin it down
> after tipping the tower upright, if you had some way to get up there.  You
> could email Marty and ask him (he's on the usual lookup sites).

Climb a tiltover to latch the beam hinge ... kinda defeats the
purpose, eh?  ;-)

Perhaps an electrically, or mechanically (pull string),
powered latch might solve that problem?

--
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e

           |_|___|_|
           | | & | |
              {|
      /\      {|
     /  \     {|
============\ #    West Central Florida

Ham PC = 100% Linux Novell-Suse 9.2
Halli, Heathkit, Homebrew, MFJ, TenTec, Yaesu
Radio Life: http://www.gospelcom.net/twr/
Linux-Incompatible hardware is defective!