[TowerTalk] Oddity in digging a tower base

K8RI on TowerTalk tower at charter.net
Sat Jan 1 17:16:30 EST 2005

As a personal opinion, I would not want a water pipe (I read your next
post), or any pipe that near the frost line going through my tower base.
OTOH, I'm assuming with a 4 call your frost doesn't go near as deep as ours.
We had near 60 degrees Friday and I have a sidewalk that is standing 4"
higher than normal in the center.

I would guess, but don't know, the concrete for the tower base would carry
the frost line lower and that would have the potential for freezing and
breaking.

N833R, World's Oldest Debonair (S# CD-2)
www.rogerhalstead.com