[TowerTalk] 60th Birthday

K8RI on TowerTalk tower at charter.net
Sun Jan 2 18:02:46 EST 2005

It all depends on the persons health, how active they are,  and
capabilities.

I still do my own tower work and occasionally go "up there" just to shoot
some photos.  "Up There" being the top plate of the ROHN 45G at 100 feet.

I'm 64, going on 65 before long.
My ex wife's father was still roofing barns (the tall, steep, pitched roof
kind) when he was 85.  You'd never get me on one of those even when I was
young.

My wife, (N8JBW) put her foot down though and said the younger guys can
climb their own towers from now on.  It's very good exercise, but just a tad
chilly up here this time of year.

N833R, World's Oldest Debonair (S# CD-2)
www.rogerhalstead.com