[TowerTalk] 60th Birthday

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 2 18:07:13 EST 2005

Reaching 60 does not mean your tower climbing days are over.  I still do all
my tower work (mainly from the roof).  With my heart problems I am not
allowed to climb trees any longer (but still have my spikes).

I use a bow and arrow to get my wire antennas up now and I have used crank
ups for 35 years to support my antennas.  With a two story house I do all my
work from the roof.

I agree with Mike, K4PI that tower climbing keeps you in shape but please
make sure your legs and heart can take it.  Make it easier by using a belt
that allows you to sit back comfortably and I carry along a two by four as a
temporary foor support.  They key is keeping your feet relaxed.

Dave K4JRB