[TowerTalk] galvanizing chrome moly

Todd Ruby rubywine at verizon.net
Wed Jan 5 08:58:34 EST 2005

Well, I way overdid anti rust protection on my mast. So much so that we
did have to scrape away a section of several days of my coating efforts
to fit the mast in the thrust bearing. The first coat of cold
galvanizing zinc paint would have sufficed. In any case, the remaining
mast will never rust in several dozen lifetimes (aint that grand!).
Sherwin Williams has very expensive epoxy urathane coatings that they
use on bridges and inside nuclear reactors and like a knucklehead I
went and treated the whole pipe with a 2 coat application.

As for the inside, the advise I received and followed from Norm of US
Tower was to get a tennis ball or some such thing and stuff it in the
top. Tony Faiola, K3WX and I found a small football kind of toy and the
tower monkey stuffed in the top and sealed it with silicone.

73
DE
WB2ZAB
Todd