[TowerTalk] KT34XA Torque Balance

kb9cry at comcast.net kb9cry at comcast.net
Fri Jan 7 12:15:57 EST 2005

Sure enough, when mounted at the weight balance point, there is more boom on the front end than on the rear end.  What works for me is to keep the antenna with it's rear pointed into the wind; the longer front end tends to act as a sea drogue and the system is more stable.  For those who can't move it around as the wind direction changes, I support your other efforts as listed.  My only suggestion is to use a rotator that is not prone to breakage and I will fully support using an AlphaSpid worm gear rotator.  I intend to put one on my XA this coming summer.  Phil  KB9CRY