[TowerTalk] KT34XA Torque Balance

Red RedHaines at centurytel.net
Fri Jan 7 20:32:26 EST 2005

Hi, Tod and TTers;

Tod presents 'an elegant solution."  Furthermore, by optimizing the
length and diameter of the arm versus area of the vane, one can minimize
the wind loading on the tower and mast.

I recall that this aspect of antenna design and the calculations are
addressed in David Leeson's book, "Physical Design of Yagi Antennas."
I don't believe he includes calculations for any of the KT34 series, as
he does for several popular antennas, but he offers all you need to
calculate the wind induced torque.

73 de WOØW