[TowerTalk] Banishment?

Joe Subich, K4IK k4ik at subich.com
Wed Jan 12 11:05:07 EST 2005

Bill,

> From: Bill Aycock [mailto:baycock at direcway.com]
>
> I would like to point out that this was NOT put on to the
> list by Steve. He only posted , recently, in response to
> MANY speculative bashes based on only one post from the
> "customer".
> Get real, here. Bill

"Get real," yourself.  This reached the reflector due to the
the banning of a formerly active reflector participant by
Steve.  The dispute did not reach the reflector until Steve
chose to ban the individual because of a private dispute.

In another post KE3Q says, completely erroneously:

> I think it was inappropriate for Cariello to bring this
> before us, taking advantage of Steve's largesse in hosting
> this reflector;"

Steve does not "host" this reflector - it is hosted by
Contesting.COM/eHam.net.  Contesting.com/eHam.net was
founded by the late Bill Fisher and supported by the amateur
community.

Administering an online forum requires a light hand and a
thick skin.  It is completely inappropriate for a list
administrator to extract any personal retribution for an
activity that does not violate the "rules" of Contesting.COM
or the list.  As a list administrator I find it necessary,
at times, to hold my nose, swallow hard and allow posting
by users with whom I have had serious personal disagreements.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK