[TowerTalk] Tower Conundrum

Alan Zack k7acz at cox.net
Fri Jan 14 03:28:25 EST 2005

I would recommend Heights Towers.  I recently purchased and installed
a 45 ft free standing crank-up/fold-over Heights Tower.  I needed 90
MPH wind calcs in order to get my Bldg permit and Drake at Heights got
them to me in about a weeks time.  I had many questions during the
period of drilling my hole in the ground for the base and the final
adjustment of the fold over arms adjustment.  I had a local contractor
who installs Cel phone towers for a living help me with the concrete
work and setting up the tower as well as the city bldg inspector both
commenting on the quality of the tower and the workmanship putting it
together.  Latest notable contacts with this tower and a measly MA5B
mini-beam were both VU4RBI and VU4NRO on Andaman Island on 20 mtrs
before the tsunami hit.
Check them out at:
  www.heightstowers.com
73 & GL