[TowerTalk] Any 65g tower out there for sale?

doc kd4e at verizon.net
Fri Jan 14 18:03:22 EST 2005

Frank Donovan wrote:
> I do not have any Rohn 65 for sale; however, I do have for
> sale a large quantity of new, heavy duty, 24 inch face-width
> tower manufactured by Granger Associates (Model 789-4).
>
> The strength of Model 789-4 tower is essentially identical to
> Rohn 65, approximately three times stronger than Rohn 55
> and 50% stronger than standard AB-105 tower.
>
> This is an angle tower; the legs, diagonals and horizontals
> are assembled with bolts and nuts.  The legs (vertical rails)
> have the same 3/16" thickness used in heavy duty AB-105,
> and they are 10% wider (10% more steel in each leg).
>
> The original new gin poles manufactured for this tower by
> Granger are also available.

What is the cost of these sections, please?

I am guessing that shipping to FL is prohibitive?

Can it handle a tri-bander, a vertical, and a lightweight
VHF-UHF beam free-standing?

--
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e
A blessed and joy-filled New Year to all!

West Central Florida  100% Linux.  Suse 9.2
Hallicrafters, Heathkit, Homebrew, TenTec, Yaesu
Radio Life: http://www.gospelcom.net/twr/
Linux-Incompatible hardware is defective!