[TowerTalk] Fwd: Some more background on HFTA terrain data

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Sat Jan 15 03:05:46 EST 2005

In the light of the discussion about terrain modeling, I thought the
following from N6BV would be of interest.  There's a fair bit of common
material in the two papers, but the second is particularly informative on
the differences between DEMs and the seamless NEDs.

>Pete:
>
>I've given several talks at various forums on this topic.
>
>http://www.kkn.net/dayton2004/N6BV-Dayton-2004.pdf. This was for a more
>general-purpose audience.
>
>http://www.yccc.org/Articles/N6BV/N6BV%20Boxboro%202004.pdf. This one gave
>more details about using "contours" in MicroDEM to correlate the DEM and NED
>databases with on-ground reality. This was given at the New England Division
>Convention in Boxboro and it was an incremental improvement on the Dayton
>talk, given earlier.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
was updated 12 January 2005