[TowerTalk] Station Ground

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Sun Jan 16 10:45:17 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji at contesting.com>

> Connecting to the battery, however, sets the person up for
> EXACTLY what you were complaining about earlier. I find it
> puzzling that you first say too good of a ground is a
> problem, and now you seem to be telling people to do EXACTLY
> what would cause the problem that couldn't be caused by a
> good chassis ground!

How are most factory installed radio's and other accessories
wired up? Do they use a dedicated return wire to the battery or
are they all chassis returned. If anyone would have the insight
and experience base with regard to proper wiring and the
reliability of chassis connections, it would be the factory
engineers. If that practive varies from vehicle to vehicle depending
on the chassis/body/frame design, then perhaps the best thing
to do would be to follow the factory wiring practice for that
particular vehicle.