NASA and braid was Re: [TowerTalk] There's 'ground', and then there's 'ground'

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Mon Jan 17 11:28:38 EST 2005

Jim W7RY wrote:
> At Motorola the "R56 Site Standards and Guidelines for Communications
> Sites" strictly prohibits braid of any kind on a communications site.
> Mostly because of the noise it generates when it gets old and deteriorates.
>

> Each equipment rack has a RGB (Rack Ground Bar). Each piece of equipment
> in each rack is bonded to this bar. Each RGB is bonded back to the MGB
> with stranded jacketed #2 AWG wire in a single point ground fashion.

Thank you Jim for the above reference.

What I was talking about earlier as to not using a common buss bar for
everything is associated with the above. Each rack has its own ground
lead back to the single point ground (ground window). This is done for
the reasons that I stated in earlier posts.

73
Gary  K4FMX