[TowerTalk] There's 'ground', and then there's 'ground'

Tom Rauch w8ji at contesting.com
Mon Jan 17 12:40:39 EST 2005

> I read Polyphaser's technical note before installing my
system.  There is a
> lot of discussion about soil conductivity and how adding
more rods will
> improve conductivity.   Do you have an idea of HOW MUCH
impedance would be
> reduced

As long as the rods are far enough apart, it would be like
paralleling resistors. If they are right next to each other,
the effect would be like making a single rod larger diameter
which would be a very small effect.

The answer is someplace between no change and cutting
resistance in half if you double the number of rods.

73 Tom