[TowerTalk] Re: Cutting braid - Installing PL259

Doug Renwick ve5ra at sasktel.net
Tue Jan 18 11:07:44 EST 2005

Another way of cutting the non soldered braid is to use a piece of thin
wall Al tubing whose ID is about the same as the OD of the dielectric.
Slip that piece of tubing between the braid and dielectric.  Then trim
the dielectric with an utility knife cutting against the Al tubing.
That way the dielectric and center conductor are both protected.

Doug

--
Doug Renwick VA5DX
PO Box 50, Clavet, Saskatchewan, Canada S0K 0Y0
VE5RA at sasktel.net
First VE5 9BDXCC
What profit it a ham if he gains all the awards yet forfeits his soul?
I'll run the race and I will never be the same again.