[TowerTalk] Tower Conundrum

William Q Meeker wqmeeker at iastate.edu
Tue Jan 18 20:33:49 EST 2005

I also thought that AN Wireless towers looked like a good buy. In addition
to the technical reasons already mentioned below, there are a couple of
additional reasons that I decided to purchase from AN Wireless.

1. Rapid, courteous, helpful responses from Dan Simmonds to all of my
requests for information.

2. A huge amount of interesting, useful information on the web pages
(especially all of the construction photographs).

3. Complete, wet-seal, plans from an Iowa PE for a reasonable price.

4. Dan will ship the base section ahead of the tower via UPS so that
construction can begin almost immediately.

The plans that I received have the antenna 3 feet above the top of the
tower, however.

Anyone thinking of constructing an AN Wireless tower this spring might want
to order sooner rather than later. Dan told me (in late December) that due
to a queue of orders he could not ship the entire tower until March. But
the base section arrived within a week of my order. Now I am waiting for
better weather!

73,

Bill,   K0KT