[TowerTalk] Rotors - your thoughts please (AlphaSpid Question).

Lou Laderman lladerman at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 19 23:55:49 EST 2005

Some reviews on eHam.com note noise issues with the AlphaSpid
controller. Here are some quotes:

NOISY - on 50MHz and on 144MHz !!

Control box: yes, generates noise on HF (signal sometimes 9), but not on
all frequencies.

Controller is making noise on HF. That`s the problem of IC`s driving
display and the display. Maybe producer will build new one with LCD
display? Noise will disappear, lower power consumption, cost is the
same. Now I have to switch off the controller every time I'm rotating
antennas.
So... for controller I can give 1

Others don't mention any issues at all.  The rotor itself sounds great,
but does anybody have any experiences with the AlphaSpid controller?

Lou, KB0CJ