[TowerTalk] GROUNDING OF FIELD DAY STATIONS

K8RI on Tower Talk k8ri-tower at charter.net
Fri Jan 21 03:30:23 EST 2005

Depending on the circuits a single GFI outlet at the beginning of the run
will serve the entire line.
That is what they did in my shop.  I can actually short out one of the
outlets to ground  with barely a spark.
That trips the breaker back at the panel.  The GFI has to be reset before
the panel breaker can be reset.

Another option is to use GFI breakers...which are expensive.

N833R, World's Oldest Debonair (S# CD-2)
www.rogerhalstead.com